Dunk Island Day Tour from Cairns
Explore Dunk Island and the Cassowary Coast in one day. Cairns hotel pickups start at 6am and you will return to Cairns at 9pm. Includes breakfast, Lunch and BBQ dinner. 5 Hours on Dunk Island. Tour Commencing in July 2023
06.00am | Coach pickups from city Lake & Abbott Streets
06.30am | Coach departs Cairns Reef Fleet Cruise Terminal. Scenic southbound journey to the Cassowary Coast & Mission Beach.
08.30am | Coach arrives Clump Point Marina Facility - QuickCoast Priority Boarding commences. Tea/Coffee, Juice & Muffins are served (B)
09.00am | QuickCoast departs Clump Point Marina Facility
09.30am | QuickCoast arrives Dunk Island Jetty
12:30pm | 1.30pm 2 COURSE GOURMET BBQ LUNCH (Included) is served on board with bar available. (L)
02.45pm | QuickCoast boarding at Dunk Island Jetty
03.00pm | QuickCoast departs Dunk Island
03:30pm | Disembark Clump Point Marine Facility, where Cairns guests have two options:
- (a) Transfer to Porters Promenade, quaint village area with shops, bars and stunning beach. From here is a short (10min) easy walk along the beach or Ulysses Walking track to our stunning beachside BBQ venue.
- (b) Transfer to Kennedy Walking Track in South Mission Beach, The track cuts through a wide variety of coastal rainforests to get to beaches and rocky headlands. It offers great views of the Family Group of Islands and the chance to see cassowaries, wallabies and other rainforest animals. Peer down into the ocean from lookout points to spot turtles, dugongs and dolphins. You'll have an hour here to do the first section of the track. Return to North Mission Beach in time for our Sunset BBQ Dinner.
05.45pm | SUNSET BBQ DINNER please be seated for our exclusive beachfront BBQ and farewell this special part of the world in a casual but 1st class (D)
07:00pm | Coach departs Mission Beach with hotel drop off in Cairns from 9pm.
- Cairns City return coach transfers
- QuickCoast Dunk Island Ferry
- Continental Breakfast
- Picnic Lunch
- Beachfront Sunset BBQ Dinner
Snorkeling & Watersports
Hire of snorkelling Paddleboarding & Kayaks available on the day.
Dunk Island Walks
Dunk Island is covered mostly in national park, the tropical island is a nature lover’s playground with beautiful walking trails and palm-fringed beaches.
Mt Kootaloo: From the jetty, make a left and follow the beach until you reach the track signs leading to Muggy Muggy Beach and Mt Kootaloo.
The steep 7km-return track takes you through ancient fern forests and ironbark groves, past the rusty remains of a World War II radar station, to the island’s highest point with pinch-yourself panoramic views of the Family Group of Islands.
Circuit Track: A round trip takes about 3-4 hours, passing through the Palm Valley before coming out at Coconut Beach.
What to Bring
Hand Luggage: (Backpack or over shoulder style - max- 5kg) with towel, hat, sunscreen, swimwear.
EPTPOS as no cash is accepted onboard or for optional activities, bar or other incidentals.
Boarding commences at 8.45am at Clump Point Marine Facility, Mission Beach
9.00am QuickCoast departs Clump Point Marina Facility